Dum Dum Park Tarun Sangha’s endeavor to present unique and different pandal has never escaped the eyes of the visitors and the jury. Evidently, last year, they were conferred with many awards. Some of these are,
- ABP Anando News Channel “Megastar vs Superstar” – Special Jury Award
- News Time News Channel “Pujo Oscar” – 1st Position in Safety Award
- 24Ghanta News Channel “Shera Baroari Pujo” – Shera Protima
- Finolex “Alok Suraksha Samman” – 3rd Position
- Channel-10 News Channel “Sherar Shera” – Champion Of The Champions
- Exide “Ami Shrestho Sharod Samman 2012” – 1st Position
- Lions Club International Sharad Samman – Shera Mondop
- R Plus News Channel “Maha Nagorer Maha Durga” – Shera Protima
- ETV Bangla “Shera Green Pujo” – Shera 6
- Tribhuboni Samman – 1st in Pandal
- MX-5 Channel “Sharad Samman” – Sharod Ononyo
- Rotaract Club Cal. Northeast “Shrestho Pujo” – 3rd in Protima
- Austin Plywood “Sharad Samman” – Shera 12
- TTIS – Idea “Choto Chokhe Boro Pujo” – 1st Runner Up
- Prottoy “Sharad Shilpi Samman” – Shera Abishkar
- SF Sonic Batteries “Shrestho Pujo” – Shera 20
They have been celebrating durga puja since 1986. Concentration of huge crowd in the puja pandal is always an exciting matter for them. Over the year, they have gained much popularity and appreciation.
In 2013 their theme is “WATER IS LIFE“.
Life cannot exist without water. Going back to the time when the civilization began, we would find that every civilization grew and progressed around rivers, lakes, streams etc. Even today, lives are settled around water. So, water is such a precious gift of nature without which existence cannot be thought. But for some material greediness, the sources of water such as oceans, seas, rivers, lakes, ponds, streams are being constantly destroyed. As a result, less water is available for irrigation which in turn effecting the cultivation. Aquatic lives are in danger. Trees by the side of the ponds, lakes are being cut and birds are losing their residence. Also, global temperature has risen over the years, leaving for us improper surrounding to breath in.
Dum Dum Park Tarun Sangha is praying to goddess durga that she should awaken the conscience of the people so that they should not destroy this important source of existence.
Mr. Joy Sengupta, Mr. Prithwish Roy and Mr. Bipul Saha, the Secretaries and the President Mr. Lakhanlal Das of Dum Dum Park Tarun Sangha Puja Committee. They have budgeted this year’s cost for puja which stands around Rs 20,00,000/-.
As an online media partner of Dum Dum Park Tarun Sangha, we About Kolkata Team wishes them that Maa Durga should fulfill their pray.
To see the pandal of Dum Dum Park Tarun Sangha, visit them at dumdum park, tank no.3, P.S. – Laketown, Kolkata – 700055.
To have a glimpse of their 2013 puja pandal, visit Dum Dum Park Tarun Sangha Durga Puja 2013.